The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One, two, three

I started writing one postcard and suddenly it became three. I can be quite hopeless at keeping in touch with people back home and so the moment I found myself in the post office (just off Trafalgar Square nonetheless) I indulged in reaching out to a few old mates and my two brothers. The latter sent to their shared house in Melbourne more as a reminder that I exist and that perhaps if they pop the card on the beer fridge they'll remember to call from time to time. The other postcards were sent to my first school friend Jane, who I've known since preschool aged three and then one to my friend Biz who joined Jane and I at school in year 7. Two beautiful friends who are now used to my disappearing act yet still have the kindness to welcome me back each time as though it were yesterday. My news to all was short and sweet, not home for Christmas but absolutely back for Easter and can't wait to see them again. Now if only I could do this simple task more often!

No comments: