The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

A blank sheet of paper

I started 2011 with the words ‘2 months to go’ which has so quickly become 5 weeks to go. This new year is one of endless possibility with a completely blank sheet of paper. It’s a rare opportunity that I intend to cherish. I’m leaving my London life and heading home to Australia!

A year ago I was sitting with the girls in a sunny café in Canberra, soaking up the incredible joy of being around friends who make your heart sing and saying out loud that it was time for me to come home. I don’t think I actually believed I would do it and I probably wouldn’t have been brave enough without the courage the lovely Tim gives me on a daily basis.

I’ve had people give me very strange looks when I mention that I’m leaving my job in London, I’ve had many ask why I would walk away from the last three years of hard work when we were so close to the finish line. Others have asked what I plan to do when I get back to Australia. They all have so many questions. My answer to all of these questions is not in words, rather it’s the gigantic smile that breaks out on my face and the happiness that seeps through to the core every time I think about the adventure Tim and I are about to share.

For me 2011 is made up of lots of little goals that I think might lead to one big one in time. I want to pick up my study of nutrition/ natural health again, I want to start working on my own business ideas, I want to try teaching so I can give something back after all these years and the list goes on. The hardest thing for me about 2011 is learning to go with the flow, to let go of being defined by one single job and letting myself be fluid in the work and study I choose.

Most importantly 2011 is about my home life. This year feels like one of those unique cross roads – how I start this year, the choices I make, the lifestyle I create and the attitude I set out with all feels like the foundation for the years ahead. May it be a very happy and prosperous year!

1 comment:

Greer said...

I can't wait to get you back, Spoutie!