The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Thursday, February 10, 2011

Whites Creek

"Hey, gang, wanna go to the park?"

"Sure, Mum. Come on, sisters. Let's go!"

"Are you coming?"

"Hey, Lola, slow down, would you?"
"Why?"
"I just need to have a look at this creek."
"Why?"
"I just do."
"Why?"
"Because."

"Mummy, why are you throwing that leaf in the creek?"
"It's for my school project."
"But why?"
"Because Aunty Aimee said I had to."

"Mummy, why isn't the leaf floating away? Didn't your school project say you had to find moving water? This water isn't moving. It's just a manky motionless stream full of rubbish and detritus. Sure, it eventually flows into Rozelle Bay, which is part of Sydney Harbour, and there's this really great wetlands right nearby, but this part of it is kind of...eugh."

"Can we go now?"

1 comment:

Aimee said...

That is outrageous! Poor White's Creek, whoever the white's are when they are at home. I really think I was going to take the polluted river take - come on I live in China!