The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Monday, February 21, 2011

Bambini Ripe


Yep it is funny to think that in a moment, I will have a little person that will call Hong Kong its home, in the same way I do Australia. But for the whole life stretched ahead this will be the birth city of my second child's life journey.

I knew I had 12 months in a city to be a tourist. And the minute that year clicked over, I felt like this is the place in which I live. Yes sometimes it feels like I am living in an episode of Madmen, but it does feel like my life now, one that we have created for ourselves.

So if I don't post for a few weeks, it will be because I have managed to have my baby on time. But if you do hear from me in the meantime, spare a thought for cranky overdue me.

So let me leave you with this little momento of my HK pregnancy, it sums a lot up really. My iphone was pinched last week, and I have downgraded to the old world of Nokia (I realise I sound like a wanker, but it is so hard to go back). I have been trying not to throw this new phone at the wall every time I cant seem to use it. But last Thursday I decided to listen to a new Calmbirth meditation on the peak hour commuter ferry, to, well, get me in the mood. The headphones, didn't seem to work very well, and I grumpily accepted it as part of the reality of my new lesser phone. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and tried to proceed on the birth imagery that was being told to me. Just as I got to the part of my ver-jay-jay opening beautifully like a flower, the very kind woman next to me, informed me I had the meditation on speaker phone and not through my head phones. Speaker phone seems to be the only thing that works very well on this phone.

Yes to all those crammed on the 540pm ferry last thursday, I hope you can take something away from this very humiliating experience. Even if it is to always double check your headphones.

Signing off,

Aimee in Hong Kong

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will miss the blogs but cant wait to meet Astro. Thinking of you every day. M x