The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

1. I liked Aimee's number 1 and so am following her example. The first theatre show that had an impact on me was also a musical; My Fair Lady starring my very own Great Aunt Mary at the Arts Centre in Melbourne. From that moment on I knew I wanted to be involved in theatre although I think I may have had a few more obstacles than most who are struck by the theatre at that age- can't sing, can't act, can't dance - thank god a good friend of my dad's opened my eyes to theatre production. Although this also proved challenging. My desire to be involved with musicals through stage management came to a crashing halt year 2 of university when my lecturer gave me a metronome to help call the lighting and sound cues in time with the music. Thankfully I have learned there are many more ways in this world to stay involved and in touch with theatre!

2. This one's a bit naff - the teddy bear my parents bought me aged 6 months still sits next to my bed and is even written into my will.

3. I learnt to drive on a ride on lawn mower on the farm. This wouldn't come as a surprise to too many people who have witnessed my driving skills.

4. I think I may be addicted to vitamins. I currently take 5 different vitamins each morning. I love wandering the aisles of health food shops especially the large Fresh and Wild or Planet Organic stores in London dreaming about how healthy I could be. Of course I could also stop drinking, give up chocolate, exercise a little more regularly etc etc.

5. My first kiss was at a high school disco - I was wearing an orange SES uniform and the song playing in the background was 'New Kids on the Block' - thankfully my love life has improved since these early days

6. I used to be in a rollerblading gang called 'The Cowboys'. I don't think I need to spend any more time on this matter.

7. The big one. A handful of people know this but this seems like a very fitting way to announce it to the world - Tim and I are moving back home to Australia. We both resigned this week, finish up end of February, a bit of travel and home by Easter. We're both so excited and have been making very long lists about all the things we want to do when we move back. If the girls will let me I'd still love to keep blogging. We're heading to Melbourne so technically I'm in a whole other city with loads of stuff to discover :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
You dont know me but i'm Aimee's HK neighbour.
I love reading the advenutures of you three and couldn't help commenting on your Blog.
I Love Number 2 (naff as it may be) I too have still got my first teddy!!
Secondly I come from Melbourne and I look forward to hearing about where you explore. If your a foodie you will love it.
Good luck with move.
Megan x

Greer said...

Hey Spoutie, I hear roller derby is big in Melbourne. You could start a new gang!

Aimee said...

so so so terrific about you moving home. JEALOUS!

I often think about you setting up a little cottage in mornington penninsula with a vege patch and a lino kitchen floor. heaven.

xx