The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Thursday, December 9, 2010

My seven things

1) Keeping the musical theme going, when I saw 'Cats' as a kid, Mr Mistoffelees sat on my lap during his big number. He left glitter on my jumper. I was about 9. And when I saw 'Lion King' and the opening music played and the big puppet animals started to walk down the aisles to the stage, I became overwhelmed and started crying. I was 30.

2) I loved Bros during their five minutes of fame. My favourite song was the B-side of 'Drop the Boy', called 'The Boy is Dropped'. Have a listen - I dare you not to love it, especially after the tempo change at about 2:30... Oh, God! Brilliant. (edited to add - you must listen right through to the end...Bros is the boogie...erggghhhhhh...)

3) I snogged a visiting international athlete during the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

4) When I was about 5, we had a pet wallaroo (that's a cross between a kangaroo and a wallaby) called Angelina. A photo of me holding her appeared on the front page of the local paper. She eventually went to live at the Dubbo zoo.


5) At the end of a several-month stay in Berlin, my German friends took me out to dinner and then to the club Tresor for my farewell party. I have never been much into techno or taking drugs, but I had such a good time and danced nonstop till about 7am and just loved loved loved LOVED everything about the place and the people and the music. I remember staring at people and thinking how beautiful they were. Even the people on the train on their way to work the next morning as I made my way home were gorgeous. Gorgeous! It wasn't until years later that it occurred to me that someone might have slipped something into my drink.


6) I think I'm the only person who's been to Amsterdam (several times, in fact) who hasn't gotten stoned.


7)  I once shaved my head. It was very liberating, and a learning experience - I learned my skull is flat on the back and I have a conehead.

No comments: