The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Monday, April 5, 2010

Bangkok lychee heaven



A very late entry from me this week however I have an excuse- I've been on holidays traveling through south-east Asia including a stop off in Hong Kong to see Aimee and Hugo in their new abode.

The last few days of the trip were spent in Bangkok with the lovely Sam and Jules. Bangkok is a city that never sleeps which is very handy when cocktails cost less that 5 pounds. On our last night, my beautiful new friend Jules introduced me to the lychee martini from one of the highest vantage points in her home city. The bar Vertigo sits on the 61st floor of the Banyan Tree hotel in Bangkok and provides intoxicating views. With no oven in sight to complete the baking task this week I decided that a little creative license could be taken by changing the word 'bake' to 'make' (domestic goddess routine clearly not going well). Jules provided the recipe; vodka, lychee liqueur and lychees. A very simple little cocktail that provided the perfect end to a perfect holiday.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

take me there and give me that drink now!