The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A break from study at long last...

My life is spectacularly dull at the moment. My standard routine has become 5.45am alarm, gym (stationary bike whilst reviewing study notes), work, study, bed, 5.45am alarm etc etc. I have one more essay, one more weekend of lectures and one final exam left of this year's naturopathy course. Every spare minute of my life is now planned in an attempt to make it to the final hurdle. The light at the end of the tunnel has been the hypothetical weekend trip we might take to the Cotswolds in June. Thank heavens for this blog. Giving myself an hour away from the biomedicine notes tonight I have now planned and part booked the trip. Hypothetical has become reality. Hallelujah!

On the last weekend of June we are now visiting, according to the website, the quintessential English Cotswold region, (apparently) the country's largest officially designated area of outstanding natural beauty. I'd love to know who has the job of designating such things.

I haven't quite got the accommodation sorted yet but am thinking this is where the fantasy holiday component might kick in. I can't quite get past the 17th century manor with individually decorated rooms (including four poster bed) situated in the heart of the Cotswolds region. My ultimate holiday would be to remain in that bed for the entire weekend but in reality I know what will happen. Given my travelling partners are Tim and our two adventure freak friends Dave and Anna, I will be up at stupid o'clock for a spot of english breaky before hiking through picture postcard, lush rolling hills for the day.

Thankfully the fantasy holiday idea makes a comeback at the end of the day - the region is famous for its gourmet, locally sourced, home made food. And since I will have hiked all day I can eat as much as I want!

No comments: