The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

melting moments

Greer introduced me to Haiku years ago, when we were sharing a shabby, happy flat in Elizabeth Bay. My favourite Haiku poem has stayed with me for all those years, although as I recall it, it doesn't fit the traditional syllabic structure. Perhaps its the more contemporary freeform version;
Now you decided
That you don't want my love
What am I to do with it

Here goes my Haiku week:

Wednesday
Oh you damn bull frogs
That keep me awake at night
Is that really your name

Thursday
Late night TV news
Presenter preserved by makeup
The stories are grim

Friday
This plump glass of wine
Is so red it's almost black
Now so are my lips

Saturday
Gentle waves lap
Hot sand sautes its bodies
Brown man in a thong

Sunday
Microwave popcorn
A modern phenomena
Oh damn that first one

Monday
Little visiting cat
Chasing the summer moths
Get off my flyscreen

Tuesday
The ferry pulls in
We wait for the bump and squeeze
Where tyres come to die


1 comment:

Greer said...

Thanks for reminding me of that beautiful haiku. x