The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Sunday, May 2, 2010

London Bridge is falling down, falling down....




Before I embark on this weeks task I need to share a significant achievement – I baked a cake. A very good cake. Its been so long since I’ve flexed some domestic muscle that I’d forgotten how satisfying it is to watch your own handy-work rise in the oven and to smell your very own home baked goodies fill every room in the apartment. Anyway I digress – onto this week’s task that reminded me just how fortunate I am to be living in this little slice of the world. With the afternoon sun still out at 8pm people are crowded outside bars, spilling onto the streets showing no signs of packing up whilst the weather is so good. I set off on an hour walk from Tower Bridge to the Millenium Bridge and back again. Within half an hour I’ve meandered through Borough Markets onto the Thames path, past Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and onto the Tate Gallery. As we get to the Millenium Bridge that crosses the Thames from the Tate to St Paul’s Cathedral the sun has turned the city a vibrant shade or orange and our new camera gets a work out. Its moments like this that I wonder how on earth I got to be so lucky living here, looking down a river filled with icons that I’ve read about in nursery rhymes, stories and history classes over the years. To be physically standing amongst them all is very cool. Even cooler is that by the time we get back to the pad in London Bridge the cake is ready to eat.

PS. Aims for the record – I checked out whether there were any actual apartments on Tower Bridge – none that I could see ☺


1 comment:

Greer said...

So proud of you! (Cake baking and London living) x