The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Failed miserably!

Its 10.17pm on Tuesday night – I have less than 2 hours to complete this week’s task. Over the last week I have continued to bore myself stupid with study of the body’s systems – everything from understanding the ugliness that is the penis to the beauty that comes with the 6 senses. I have hand written study notes then retyped them, I’ve drawn fancy looking pictures and impressive flow charts in hope that something might stick in my head for the exam. Around this mountain of boredom I have moved house and completed a round trip of IKEA. I have transformed the bachelor pad into a very happy home that I LOVE and spent a weekend lunching with gorgeous friends. I am telling you all of this for one reason – I have failed miserably at completing one simple task and need to seek some forgiveness for letting the team down. The board game still sits in the shop waiting for me and at 10.25pm it will be waiting in the shop for another night yet. Will as I might, I cannot come up with even a simple pack of cards in the new and improved happy home. I say goodnight to you with a promise to do better next week and with a photo of the last time I played a good game in fine company…..it was known as the backgammon tour of Eastern Europe – too many backgammon contests to remember played in pubs, alongside rivers and in the midst of a very funky music scene.

No comments: