The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, November 8, 2011


Write a list of ten things you could to do. Do the last thing on the list. - Aimee

1. Think about and plan Hugo's birthday party
2. Work out how to make a double decker bus cake for party
3. Talk Hugo out of Princess cake for Party (not that I truly mind, except it is a bloody hard fiddly cake)
4. Thing of de-cluttering the growing mass of toys in the living room whilst pondering why the smaller the child the larger, no the HUGER the toys need to be
5. Call montessori schools in Sydney and beg them to consider Hugo for 2012 intake, incase we are whisked home without notice.
6. Make missed dental, physio and DR's appointments for various family members
7. file the HUGE pile of papers in the my beautiful ceramic table bowl that was not intended to be a filing in-tray.
8. Look at flights/hotels for a last minute trip to Singapore that we are trying to make happen but I never seem to really look at flights because perhaps I believe it will never really happen and thus have not put it as number ten on this list because then I would be forced to make it happen.
9. Make dinner reservations for a group dinner this weekend, even though Scott is talking about Singapore this weekend, but I know it probably wont happen so I will go ahead and put this on the to do list.
10. Get out of this chair and put the m&m's packet in the bin, drink 3 glasses of water and GO
TO BED EARLY!

Oh shit I just re-read this task and realised it is ten things I could do rather than the list of ultra boring tasks of things I should do.

OK speed list of 'coulds' - Boracay, shave head and start my post baby hair again, start spec script and stop thinking about it, learn a language, plan a campervan holiday, guitar lessons, give up chocolate for the 3/4's left of November, buy nice underwear and wean myself of the comfy postpartum versions, beg husband to switch channels from Whitney and Kevin in THE BODYGUARD.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh a SHOULD list... I relate!
Mine would be very very long. Us mothers need to ban "should" from our language... but alas in wee moments of doubt the SHOULD emerges!