The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Typhoons and Snails


Most people I know have heard me complain about the heat here and the sandflies. No amount of growing up in the Australian bush could have prepared me for the insurgence of sandflies ready to attack the moment you step into the sweltering humidity.But respite is on the horizon, the full moon festival (lanterns and mooncakes abound) is in two days time, and the locals tell me, it will end the sauna. To celebrate, a typhoon changed its course two days ago and redirected itself from Taiwan to Hong Kong, hitting yesterday afternoon at 4pm. It was a bit of a fizzer as far a typhoons go but this morning had a freshness I was eager to consume.

A fat snail on our doorstep, on its morning jog.

A pattern of pine needles on our awning, that looks like a beautiful abstract
stalk, something you might expect to find on a vintage piece of 70's mirror art. Something I would love in my living room.

And through the Oleanders the ferry's keep running, whisking there heavy load of commuters to the city.

It is a strange place, Discovery Bay. But this morning there was a few moments of beauty I am content to have witnessed.

1 comment:

dear olive said...

Love that pine needles photo xx