The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

Excuses, excuses

Hello all. Its been a while - you may remember me- I used to drop in once a week before dropping off the face of the earth with no blog in sight! Well I'm back and gearing up to make jam this weekend.... just as soon as I visit the supermarket to find out what exactly is in season at the moment in the UK! Tim and I have had up to 7 weekends away (some short, some long). Chaos, but wonderful chaos.

I thought before beginning the weekend jam festival I should present my excuses to the blog and share a our travels over the last little while in some highlight photos;

Week 1: Oxford with Dad. Such a special trip with my dad that made me want to move home tomorrow just to have more time hanging out.













Week 2: Istanbul. Highlight- smoking shish (apple flavour), drinking Turkish tea (apple again) and laughing over absolutely nothing.


















Week 3: Belly from Melbourne comes to stay. Highlight: The massive green turf chairs in front of the Arts Centre


















Week 4: Road trip from Seville to La Herradura, Spain. Highlight: first ray of sunshine













....and Bels home made Sangria













...which led to this













Week 5: Palma Mallorca. Highlight: oh how the other half live!













Week 6: Mum comes to stay. Highlight: Seeing mum- brilliant, op-shopping and a trip to the Dordogne in France. Mum would tell you her highlight was eating duck for 3 days straight whereas mine was the spectacular views over the Dordogne river.













Week 7: Croatia. Highlight: Spending time with my TJ



















I've had the BEST time travelling but there is nothing like coming home again to a quiet house and just stopping, staying still for 5 minutes and appreciating just how lucky you are. Its great to be home and even better to be back on the blog.

Huge thanks to the superwomen in my life, Aims and Greer, for holding the fort in my absence.

Now about that jam - anyone have a recipe?

2 comments:

Aimee said...

GREAT Post - so jealous of your trips. You are forgiven for leaving us momentarily on the basis of those wonderful photos and happy happy memories. esp love dancing sangria shot! a xx

Greer said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous...