The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Naff comedy

Oh how I long for a good video shop, to be able to pop down to the local shops with my trackie dacks on a Sunday night for some videos and chocolate. Perhaps I am walking around blind but I haven't actually seen a video shop in my time in the UK. DVDs are either hired on-line through dedicated websites (LOVEFILM comes to mind) or bought in the very regular HMV sales. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do either this week because we've been away - AGAIN!! This time to beautiful Venice for the weekend where so many of the buildings and sights have appeared in films over the years.













So what are we watching at the moment? Tim and I are slowly making our way through the first series of the television show, West Wing. We're up to DVD 4 of 7 so technically over half way through. Its brilliant. I love the sharp dialogue, the political setting and its ability to mirror what's happening in the world in real life.

Now if I had found the VideoEzy oasis or equivalent the weekly movie I'd have picked would be 'Weekend at Bernies'. I love all types of genres but am a sucker for a really naff comedy.

That's the end of the travelling now for a while so I'm looking forward to embracing the blog again and perhaps buying a few new DVDs to get through the long winter ahead.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

oh spouty that picture is divine

signed

Jealous