The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An October stroll

I decided to give the joy of the tube a miss this morning in favour of a stroll to work. I really love this photo that I took along the way for its ability to capture the time of year and something I love about London.



The photo is taken at about the half way point between home at London Bridge and work at Canary Wharf on the week before the clocks turn back for daylight savings. In the foreground is a community kayak centre whilst the neon towers of the financial district loom in the background. To me the photo sums up the little gems you can still find in a heaving metropolis like London. The world's money might be changing hands in the towers above but a stone's throw away beginners are learning how to navigate the Thames in a plastic kayak. Of course I think they're mad to try but I like the fact that they can.

No comments: