The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bursting with enthusiasm...

Kate-Tell us about your funniest moment in the theatre!
I should say this story is only funny for me in hindsight...but was hilarious at the time for the AUDIENCE!
As an acting student one is always delighted to have a lead role in a production. So when I was cast as Polly Peachum in The Beggars Opera, I was ecstatic! In one particularly dramatic number I had to fall over as I sung a top F. Quite an ask if I do say so...
I was bursting with enthusiasm on opening night and fell with such belief and energy that I somewhat lost my breath...and my top. My corset stayed put but my chest went up with the motion of the fall.
There is no glamorous way to put this...yes you guessed it...one boob popped out.
Needless to say, I "recovered" and continued on without missing a beat. I did hear an audible gasp and giggle from the audience but, as a dedicated acting student, I continued as if this was all part of the show.
Years later on my 21st birthday teddy bear (the one people sign and write lovely and cute messages to you on) I discovered these four simple words; "I saw the nipple".
This rude comment was unsigned and I never did find out who was so bold as to state this fact on my 21st birthday bear. Obviously a titillated audience member!
As a breastfeeding mother, I am now far more casual about the reveal of the nipple/s. And yes, I am quite often "bursting with enthusiasm", nipples out in public, for a far more important reason.
Let's just say... my baby girl Hannah has never complained!
Oh yes...for privacy reasons I decided, definately no photo with this post.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I remember Polly's nip, I wonder who left that message on your bear. Its all funny, I remember it now, also remember the high f - impressive