The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pirouette

I’m dreaming about being a lighthouse keeper. All that solitude, blustery weather and solitude. A rocky outcrop somewhere remote with the birds for company and a small vegetable patch. A place like that needs warm clothes - scarves and beanies and bulky aran jumpers. Think of the knitting I could do! Yes, I’d be bored in a flash, all that rain and wind would quickly become tiresome, I’d miss my people, I’d probably go a bit batty. But all that solitude…

Or maybe I could be a ballerina. I’m not a small person and some would say I lack elegance, daintiness, a certain refined quality. But I imagine having all of that – the precision in my movement, the gracefulness, the sheer strength and stamina and muscle control. Like a Tour de France cyclist or a marathon runner, the thought of having that power of body and mind is appealing. Not very realistic, but appealing nonetheless.

Lastly, something I’ve often imagined is to own a café/yarn shop. Knitting and cups of tea and home-baked goodness. Am I obsessed with knitting at the moment? Perhaps. I notice a shop called A Coffee and a Yarn has opened up recently in Newtown. Something like that, the walls lined with beautiful yarn, a big table for people to sit and knit and chat and drink warm beverages. I’d be obligated to knit then – for business reasons. Hmm…

(Small note: After last week's blog, hallelujah, I took myself (and the babies) to see a movie. Stand by, I could be a ballerina by next week...)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you for getting to the movies! No mean feat. xx