The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Five Star

Greer - We talk about the places we live in currently, but if you could have one day anywhere in the world, where would you go and how would you spend your hours?

The name of the place is irrelevant, though I'm pretty sure it has to be a city, preferably a big bustling one. I don't care if it's in Australia or overseas, though if I've only got a day, we may as well keep it local. Sydney will do. The time of year doesn't matter, nor does the day of the week. All that matters is that the hotel is five-star, the room is well-appointed, the bed is comfortable, the bath is large and there is room service.

For my one day, anywhere in the world, I'd like it to be quiet, even silent, and I'd like other people to bring me stuff that I need. Dinner. Newspapers. Champagne. A massage, perhaps? One day (and night) within four luxurious walls, a big city pulsing beyond but me with no desire to do anything but sit, knit, read, sleep, eat, drink, watch a few DVDs, eat again, then sleep some more. 

And children aren't welcome.

1 comment:

Kate said...

How about a girls weekend in five star!!!! Sounds perfect!