The Challenge

Every week, we each complete the same assigned task in our different cities and blog about it.

The tasks are creative journeys, artist dates, challenges small and large.



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Something just for me...

Try something new - Kate
What a wonderful task! My mind delights in the fantasy of all the new things I could do; go to New York, eat out at Quay restaurant, dance until the sun comes up at an exotic beach party, run naked into the water in a secluded waterfall...
REALITY CHECK!!!!
My something new is simple, and new... enough...
It has been 15 months since I had my hair dyed. The regrowth is so bad that it is now only on the TIPS at the END of my Heidi Klum bob and the grey in my hair certainly "catches the light" and then some!
SO IT IS BOOKED!!!!
TOMORROW AT 8.30am, I will become a NEW WOMAN!
I am so excited it hurts...
Someone told me when you have a baby you should imagine you have 12 eggs to spread over three baskets. The baskets represent your relationship with your baby, your relationship with your husband and your relationship with yourself. When the baby is born naturally all 12 eggs are in the baby basket. Then gradually, gently and with love and time...the eggs should be redistributed over the three baskets.
My egg basket has been a little too empty for a while. But I have started meditating, going out for little adventures without my gorgeous Hannah and now the BIG ONE....
The hair colour adventure.
It will involve coffee, trashy magazines, even more pointless conversation about the trashy magazines...and not one mention of poo, breasts, sleep or solids.
My something new is something just for me.
Hurrah!

1 comment:

Greer said...

Ooh, lovely! Enjoy x